VietNam travel news
Promotions & Hot Deals now !
Day 1: VIENTIANE – ARRIVAL(D)
On arrival in Vientiane Capital, you are met and transferred to our centrally located hotel. After a short rest, we start to visit the major sights of the capital; including the oldest Wat Sisaket with thousands of miniature Buddha statues and the former royal temple of Wat Prakeo previously housed the famous Emerald Buddha Image. On the way to the famous and sacred structure ofThat Luang Stupa, we stop to take some pictures of the imposing Patuxay Monument, which is well known as Vientiane 's own Arc de Triumph, sunset by the Mekong Riverside and late evening. Overnight in Vientiane.
Day 2: VIENTIANE – XIENGKHUANG(B,L,D)
We board a short afternoon flight to Xiengkhouang, which was devastated by American bombing between 1964 and 1973. Upon arrival, we transfer out to visit the Plain of Jars, an impressive archaeological site where hundreds of large stone jars are littered all over the plateau. We also have time, this afternoon seeing the old capital of Muang Khoun Province and the nearby villages, home to the Hmong hill tribe and Tai Dam people. They have an interesting local culture and a colorful history. Overnight in Phonsavanh (the capital town of Xiengkhuang).
Day 3: XIENGKHUANG - LUANG PRABANG BY ROAD(B,L,D)
Early morning, we visit Central Market of Phonsavanh to watch different Hill Tribes to barter and exchange merchandises. Then heading out the this small town to Luang Prabang, on the way, we drop off and see a site more than 200 years old Buddha images in Thampra and varied Hmong and varied hill tribe minority villages along the road. They are nice, friendly and welcome you to visit. After a photo stop, we continue driving up hill, enjoying mountain splendid natural scenery, forest and landscape. After a tea or coffee break at Sala Phoukhoun, where the T-junction of bordering meets Vientiane - Xiengkhouang - Luang Prabang. The journey will take us over mountainous region to Luang Prabang. The tranquility and charm of this town with its splendid natural scenery and cultural sights make it one of the most delightful places to visit in Laos . After checking into hotel, [if time permits] we start seeing the impressive stupa of Wat Visoun, the shrine of Wat Aham, Wat Mai, we then climb up to the top of Phousi Mount for an enjoyable exploration of the sacred, gilded stupa as well as a beautiful sunset view of the city and the Mekong River. From there, we explore Street Night Bazaar, where you can find the lovely collection and handmade textile by local and hill tribe people surrounding Luang Prabang. Overnight at Luang Prabang.
Day 4: LUANG PRABANG - PAK OU CAVE(B,L,D)
Today, we enjoy a short-guided tour seeing the city's oldest temple of Wat Sene and the magnificent Wat Xiengthong with its roofs sweeping low to the ground, which represent the classical architecture of Luang Prabang temple. We then embark on a cruise upstream on the Mekong River, which also gives us a beautiful view of the tranquil countryside as well as an interesting visit to the mysterious of Pak Ou Caves, crammed with thousands of gold lacquered Buddha statues of various shapes and sizes. Along the way, we stop at the village of Ban Xanghai, where they make the local rice wine. On return, we take a short drive to Ban Phanom, well known for its hand weaving. Overnight in Luang Prabang.
Day 5: LUANG PRABANG – DEPARTURE(B)
Visit the National Museum at the former Royal Palace, which displays a lovely collection of the artifacts reflecting the richness of Lao culture dating from the days of the early kings right through the last sovereign, and the Central Market are not to be missed. We visit these sights in the morning before catching a flight departs this small, charming city of former royal capital.
- 04 Nights Accommodation in deluxe twin / double room view with daily buffet breakfast.
- Pick-ups and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle as specified in the itinerary above (Please note: pick-ups will be by a guide and driver or, where a guide is not necessary, a driver only. All unaccompanied drivers will be briefed in advance, and will carry a mobile phone to ensure smooth transfer arrangements)
- Domestic flight tickets: Vientiane- Xieng Khaung, including domestic airport taxes.
- Travel in an appropriate air-conditioned vehicle with an experienced safe driver.
- The services of experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary (please note: guides will be on hand from pick-up until guests' return to their hotel or reaching their destination). Free days or part days will not include the services of a guide unless requested and included in the final itinerary.
- Where necessary, entry fees for all visits as mentioned in the program.
- Meals (as specified in the itinerary) in the best local restaurants, or picnics where no suitable restaurant is available.
- Boat cruises as specified in the program.
- Visas on arrival
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Dinners, except as specified above.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
- Surcharge for peak season (if any) & other not mentioned in the above detail program.
- The itinerary is just a sample of our tours; we'll be pleased to design similar programs with dates and itinerary customized to your personal preferences in Tailor Made Tours section. Rates may vary frequently. Please contact us to get the best possible price based upon your travel period and specific touring needs.
What to bring?
- Sun Block, Wide brim hat, Camera + Film, Comfortable shoes, Rain gear, Warm clothes, original Passport...