VietNam travel news
Promotions & Hot Deals now !
Day 1: VIENTIANE –ARRIVAL(D)
On arrival in the Laos capital of Vientiane, you will be met and transferred to your centrally located hotel. Vientiane is a charming and fascinating capital, with an interesting mix of Lao, Thai, Chinese, Vietnamese, French, and American influences. After a short rest, we start visiting the major sights of the capital; including Wat Sisaket, the oldest temple with thousands of miniature Buddha statues, and the former royal temple of Wat Prakeo, which previously housed the famous Emerald Buddha Image. Enroute to Lao’s national icon, the precious and sacred structure of That Luang Stupa, you will have the opportunity to take some pictures of the imposing Patuxay Monument, which is known as Vientiane’s own Arc de Triumph. The Mekong river side is the perfect place to end the day and admire the sunset.
Day 2: VIENTIANE - VANG VIENG ON ROAD(B)
We leave the capital early for our journey northbound; we will see some breathtaking scenery enroute as we pass through spectacular countryside towards the mountainous region. Along the way we visit the busy and colorful market of Thalat where various hill tribes come to trade goods and buy provisions. A next stop of our trip is Vang Xang, famous for the archeological site dating back 11th century. We reach our final destination Vang Vieng nestled on a bend of the Nam Song River. Its stunning scenery with limestone outcrops remains unspoiled, despite recent developments with the advent of tourism. After checking into your hotel you are at your own leisure.
Day 3: VANG VIENG – LUANG PRABANG ON ROAD (B,L,D)
Heading 2km out of Vang Vieng town we explore the famous caves of Tham Jang, which was once used by the local people as a hideout from Chinese invaders. We also cross the river to Ban Huai Ngai, a very pleasant village, exploring the different lifestyles of the locals. Upon leaving Vang Vieng, the roads begin to deteriorate; however the stunning mountain scenery makes for an interesting journey. We wind our way through the mountains to Luang Prabang. This town with its gleaming temple roofs, fading colonial architecture and stunning mountain backdrop has been claimed by UNESCO to be the best preserved traditional city in South East Asia . There is little traffic on Luang Prabang roads and monks in orange robes scurry in all directions carrying umbrellas to shade themselves from the sun.
Day 4: LUANG PRABANG – CITY TOUR (B,L,D)
The former Royal Palace has been turned into a National Museum (closed Tuesdays). This interesting structure displays a collection of artifacts reflecting the richness of Lao culture dating from the days of the early kings right through the last sovereign. Today we also have enough time to explore some other landmarks, including the impressive stupa of Wat Visoun, the shrine of Wat Aham, the city's oldest temple of Wat Sene and Wat Mai with its five tiered roofs. A visit to Luang Prabang would be incomplete without ascending the 329 steps to the top of Phousi Hill for a beautiful sunset view of the city and its glowing reflection on the Mekong River.
Day 5: LUANG PRABANG - PAKOU – CAVES(B,L,D)
Today, we continue our city tour, seeing the magnificent Wat Xieng Thong, which nestles at the meeting of the Mekong and the Nam Khan River. The temple structures are decorated in various ways with gilded stuccoes and doorways. The back wall has an intriguing large flame 'tree of life’ pattern set in coloured glass mosiacs. We then embark on a cruise upstream on the Mekong River, which also gives us a taste of the tranquil countryside and an interesting visit to the mysterious Pak Ou Caves, two linked caves crammed with thousands of gold lacquered Buddha statues of various shapes and sizes left by pilgrims. Along the way, we stop at Ban Xang Hai, where the local rice wine is produced. On our return, we drive to the famous weaving village of Ban Phanom where shoppers have a chance to try their hand at bargaining.
Day 6: : LUANG PRABANG- DEPARTURE(B)
You will have free time to wander around the town and explore the Central Market before transferring to the airport for a short flight to your next destination.
The Tour Includes:
- 05 Nights Accommodation in deluxe twin / double room view with daily buffet breakfast
- Pick-ups and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle as specified in the itinerary above (Please note: pick-ups will be by a guide and driver or, where a guide is not necessary, a driver only. All unaccompanied drivers will be briefed in advance, and will carry a mobile phone to ensure smooth transfer arrangements)
- Travel in an appropriate air-conditioned vehicle with an experienced safe driver.
- The services of experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary (please note: guides will be on hand from pick-up until guests' return to their hotel or reaching their destination). Free days or part days will not include the services of a guide unless requested and included in the final itinerary.
- Where necessary, entry fees for all visits as mentioned in the program.
- Meals (as specified in the itinerary) in the best local restaurants, or picnics where no suitable restaurant is available.
- Boat cruises as specified in the program.
The Tour Excludes:
- Dinners, except as specified above.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
- Surcharge for peak season (if any) & other not mentioned in the above detail program.
- The itinerary is just a sample of our tours; we'll be pleased to design similar programs with dates and itinerary customized to your personal preferences in Tailor Made Tours section. Rates may vary frequently. Please contact us to get the best possible price based upon your travel period and specific touring needs.
What to bring?
- Sun Block, Wide brim hat, Camera + Film, Comfortable shoes, Rain gear, Warm clothes, original Passport...