VietNam travel news
Promotions & Hot Deals now !
Day 1:LUANG PRABANG ARRIVA(D)
Arrive in Luang Prabang, and enjoy a half-day tour around this beautiful World Heritage town. Nestled in a stunning setting amid lush mountains, this sacred city of golden temples and saffron robed monks provides endless opportunities for sightseeing. Visit a number of Wats (temples) and other fascinating sites. Spend the afternoon exploring on your own at the relaxed pace of laid-back Laotian life.
Day 2:LUANG PRABAN(B,L,D)
Cruise the Mekong River to visit the famous and sacred Pak Ou Caves. Since the 16th century, the local people have brought images of the Buddha to place in the caves—by now there are thousands. Visit the village of Ban Xang Khong where weaving of traditional Lao textiles takes place on ancient wooden looms.
Day 3:KUANG SI WATERFAL(B,L)
If you wish, get an early start and participate in the traditional Lao rite of giving alms to the monks. Every morning, some 300 monks file through the city silently collecting offerings. After breakfast, drive to beautiful Kuang Si Waterfall. The falls cascade over many calcified tiers and down several hundred feet into a series of cool, turquoise pools. You can cool off with a swim before returning to Luang Prabang. Enjoy a local lunch before returning to the hotel for an evening at your leisure.
Day 4:LUANG PRABANG – XIENG KHOUAN(B,L,D)
An eight-hour drive to the mountainous plateau of Xieng Khouang is a great way to see more of rural Laos. There are plenty of stops along the way to stretch your legs and photograph the spectacular views.
Day 5: XIENG KHOUANG – PLAIN OF JAR(B,L)
After breakfast, our guide will take you to the Plain of Jars, one of the more mysterious sites in Laos. Visit the Old Town and the stupa and temple at Muang Khoun. Enjoy lunch in a local restaurant before returning to the hotel.
Day 6:XIENG KHOUANG – VANG VIEN(B,L,D)
Take a six-hour drive along picturesque winding roads to Vang Vieng. There are stunning vistas of towering limestone karst hills around every turn. Enjoy lunch along the way. The afternoon is free for you to relax on the scenic banks of the Song River or explore the lovely town.
Day 7 : VANG VIEN(B,L)
Enjoy the scenic wonders of Vang Vieng at your leisure. You can go inner-tubing in the cool, lazy river, try your hand at kayaking or caving, or just relax and enjoy the amazing views from your balcony.
Day 8: VANG VIEN- WAT SISAKET(B,L)
Drive three hours to Vientiane. Visit Wat Sisaket, with its thousands of miniature Buddha statues, as well as many other picturesque sites and monuments, followed by lunch.
Day 9: VIENTIANE – PAKSE(B,L)
After a very early breakfast, transfer to the airport for your flight to Pakse. Your first adventure here is an easy four-hour hike up to the Bolaven Plateau. This hike goes through a local village, coffee plantations, over a hanging bridge, and on to the plains. Huge boulders, pine trees, epiphytes and wild orchids abound. Return to the hotel for lunch. The afternoon is free for you to explore Pakse.
Day 10: PAKSE – 4000 ISLAND(B,L,D)
Drive south to the famous Khmer Temple complex of Wat Phou. This UNESCO World Heritage Site represents the easternmost border of the Khmer empire. Continue on to an Elephant Camp to see how handlers (“mahouts”) train these giant, friendly beasts! Ride one of the friendly pachyderms to the top of Phou Asa to see mysterious ruins there. After lunch, you’ll continue to 4000 Islands by van and boat.
Day 11: 4000 ISLAND(B,L)
The section of the Mekong River that runs through southern Laos boasts thousands of tiny islands. This morning, you’ll cruise through this tropical paradise to the largest waterfalls in Asia, Khone Phapeng & Li Phi Falls. If you’re lucky, you might see some of the 50-100 Irrawaddy (freshwater) dolphins that make 4000 Lakes their home. Spend the afternoon relaxing or exploring an island on your own.
Day 12: 4000 ISLANDS – PAKSE(B)
After breakfast, drive north to Pakse airport for your flight.
The Tour Includes:
- 11 Nights Accommodation in deluxe twin / double room view with daily buffet BKF.
- Pick-ups and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle as specified in the itinerary above (Please note: pick-ups will be by a guide and driver or, where a guide is not necessary, a driver only. All unaccompanied drivers will be briefed in advance, and will carry a mobile phone to ensure smooth transfer arrangements)
- Domestic flight tickets: Vientiane- Pakse, including domestic airport taxes.
- Travel in an appropriate air-conditioned vehicle with an experienced safe driver.
- The services of experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary (please note: guides will be on hand from pick-up until guests' return to their hotel or reaching their destination). Free days or part days will not include the services of a guide unless requested and included in the final itinerary.
- Where necessary, entry fees for all visits as mentioned in the program.
- Meals (as specified in the itinerary) in the best local restaurants, or picnics where no suitable restaurant is available.
- Boat cruises as specified in the program.
The Tour Excludes:
- Visas on arrival
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Dinners, except as specified above.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
- Surcharge for peak season (if any) & other not mentioned in the above detail program.
- The itinerary is just a sample of our tours; we'll be pleased to design similar programs with dates and itinerary customized to your personal preferences in Tailor Made Tours section. Rates may vary frequently. Please contact us to get the best possible price based upon your travel period and specific touring needs.
What to bring?
- Sun Block, Wide brim hat, Camera + Film, Comfortable shoes, Rain gear, Warm clothes, original Passport...