VietNam travel news
Promotions & Hot Deals now !
Day 1:LUANG PRABANG- ARRIVAL (D)
Welcome to Luang Prabang! Your guide will meet you upon arrival at the airport and bring you to your hotel. Then enjoy a half-day spin around Luang Prabang and you will understand why it deserves the World Heritage title! Visit Wat Visoun, the site of impressive Thad Makmo stupa. The rounded dome is stylistically more Sinhalese than Lao. Phou Si hill stands right in the center of this small city. Climb its 350 steps to enjoy commanding views for many miles in each direction. Wat Phou Si sits atop the mountain, along side the skeletons of Indochina war anti-aircraft guns! Then continue on to visit Wat Mai. Wat Xieng Thong further emphasizes & characterizes the uniqueness of Luang Prabang, its several roofs sweeping low to the ground. Then visit the National Museum, once a king’s palace, where displayed inside is a lovely collection of personal artifacts of the royal family, including photos, musical instruments, and many gifts received from the dignitaries of foreign countries. Also peruse the Traditional Arts and Ethnology Center, a private museum recently opened to explain about the livelihoods of Laos’ ethnic minorities. This town is wonderful for walking, and today’s excursion will help to give you your bearings! Enjoy your welcome dinner.
Day 2: VISIT THE FAMOUS & SACRED PAK OU BUDDHA CAVES(B,L)
Day 3: GO WATCH OR PARTICIPATE IN THE TRADITIONAL LAO RITE OF ALMSGIVIN(B,L,D)
If you wish, get an early start (6:00am or so) and go watch or participate in the traditional Lao rite of Almsgiving to the monks. In the city, some 300+ monks file through silently collecting alms. This is an amazing sight and your guide will be on hand to demonstrate and explain this important ritual. Return to your hotel for breakfast. After breakfast, drive with your guide by car to the Kuang Si waterfall. The falls cascade over many calcified tiers and down several hundred feet into a series of cool, turquoise pools. The water here has a clear blue-green tint due to the high mineral content. You can climb the stairs and look down from various high viewpoints on the way to the top! Enjoy a local lunch and later in the afternoon return to the hotel for check-out, transfer to the airport for your flight to Vientiane. Upon arrival transfer to your hotel for overnight and dinner.
Day 4: ENJOY A CITY TOUR TO WAT SISAKET(B,L)
Day 5: TRANSFER TO THE AIRPORT FOR YOUR FLIGHT TO PAKSE (B,L)
Day 6: VISIT THE FAMOUS KHMER TEMPLE COMPLEX OF WAT PHOU (B,L,D)
Day 7: ENJOY A TRIP BY BOAT TO THE LARGEST WATERFALLS IN ASIA(B,L,D)
Today after breakfast enjoy a trip by boat to the largest waterfalls in Asia! Khone Phapeng & Li Phi Falls were the major obstacles which thwarted the French in their efforts to open the Mekong River to navigation. Here also live some 50-100 Irrawaddy (freshwater) dolphins. If lucky, you’ll have the chance to see them! Lunch is in a local restaurant. See the small gauge railway and Colonial Bridge built by the French to circumnavigate the falls. Then return to the island to spend the afternoon at leisure or exploring the island on your own.
Day 8: DRIVE NORTH TO PAKSE FOR YOUR FLIGHT ONWARD(B)
The Tour Includes:
- 07 Nights Accommodation in deluxe twin / double room view with daily buffet BKF.
- Pick-ups and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle as specified in the itinerary above (Please note: pick-ups will be by a guide and driver or, where a guide is not necessary, a driver only. All unaccompanied drivers will be briefed in advance, and will carry a mobile phone to ensure smooth transfer arrangements)
- Domestic flight tickets: Luang Prabang - Pakse, including domestic airport taxes.
- Travel in an appropriate air-conditioned vehicle with an experienced safe driver.
- The services of experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary (please note: guides will be on hand from pick-up until guests' return to their hotel or reaching their destination). Free days or part days will not include the services of a guide unless requested and included in the final itinerary.
- Where necessary, entry fees for all visits as mentioned in the program.
- Meals (as specified in the itinerary) in the best local restaurants, or picnics where no suitable restaurant is available.
- Boat cruises as specified in the program.
The Tour Excludes:
- Visas on arrival
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Dinners, except as specified above.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
- Surcharge for peak season (if any) & other not mentioned in the above detail program.
- The itinerary is just a sample of our tours; we'll be pleased to design similar programs with dates and itinerary customized to your personal preferences in Tailor Made Tours section. Rates may vary frequently. Please contact us to get the best possible price based upon your travel period and specific touring needs.
What to bring?
- Sun Block, Wide brim hat, Camera + Film, Comfortable shoes, Rain gear, Warm clothes, original Passport...