VietNam travel news
Promotions & Hot Deals now !
Day 1: ARRIVAL – HANOI (D)
Arrive in Hanoi, Vietnam's capital, and transfer to your hotel. The day is at your leisure to explore on your own or relax. Overnight in Hanoi.
Day 2: HA NOI - HALONG (B, L, D)
Halong Bay is one of the wonders of the world with over 1,500 km2 and 3,000 islets. Many tales have been woven about the creation of Halong Bay, or Bay of Descending Dragon. Folk law describes that, the Bay's islands and islets were created when dragons, sent by gods, spat jewels and jade into the area to protect the people of Vietnam from invaders. Transfer to the World Heritage site of Halong Bay by car.
Day 3: HALONG - HA NOI - SAPA (B, L)
Early this morning, participate in a Tai Chi class on the sundeck, or relax with a fresh cup of coffee as you view the awakening of Halong Bay's local fishermen. A wholesome breakfast is served as you cruise back to Halong City where you disembark and return to Hanoi. In the evening, depart for the train station to catch the sleeper train to the northwest town of Lao Cai. Overnight aboard the train.
Day 4: SAPA ARRIVAL (B, L, D)
Early morning you will arrive in Lao Cai and transfer by road to Sapa. Here, in the terraced hills and mountains, the monotony of the expansive green landscape is brightened by the colours of the area's native hill tribes. Take a morning walking tour of Sapa town and visit the busy market where the ethnic minority people converge to sell their embroidery, silverware, and handicrafts. Overnight in Sapa.
Day 5: SAPA - LAOCAI – HANOI (B, L, D)
This morning, set out on a light trek to discover Sapa's lesser-known areas. Along the way, enjoy the breathtaking scenery of mountain rice terraces, waterfalls, and buffaloes working in the fields. As you cross rivers by suspended bridges and traverse rolling hills, look for views of Vietnam's highest point, Mt Fansipan, the last major peak of the Himalayan chain. Return to Sapa town in the afternoon where you have the rest of the day at your leisure before transferring to Lao Cai for the overnight train to Hanoi. Overnight on the train.
Day 6: HA NOI (B, L)
Upon arrival in Hanoi. Check-in. Freshen-up. Breakfast at your hotel
Day 7: HOA LU - TAM COC (B, L)
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to Ninh Binh province for visiting Halong bay in land. En route, stop a visit to Thung Nang (valley of the Sun) – a perfect replacement for trip to Tam Coc, which now becoming too touristy. Take a traditional boat for a boat cruise on the river which elegantly curves between the karstic hills and rice plantations. After the lunch, transfer to Gia Vien district for the visit of King Dinh and King le temple. This evening, attend a performance of Hanoi's Mua Roi Nuoc, literally 'puppets that dance on water'. This traditional form of entertainment dates back as far as the tenth century and originated in Northern Vietnam. Overnight in Hanoi.
Day 8: HA NOI DEPARTER (B)
Enjoy breakfast at your hotel and this morning at leisure until it is time to transfer to the airport for your onward flight.
- 07 Nights Accommodation in deluxe twin / double room view with daily buffet BKF.
- Pick-ups and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle as specified in the itinerary above (Please note: pick-ups will be by a guide and driver or, where a guide is not necessary, a driver only. All unaccompanied drivers will be briefed in advance, and will carry a mobile phone to ensure smooth transfer arrangements)
- Travel in an appropriate private air-conditioned vehicle with an experienced safe driver.
- The services of experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary (please note: guides will be on hand from pick-up until guests' return to their hotel or reaching their destination). Free days or part days will not include the services of a guide unless requested and included in the final itinerary.
- Where necessary, entry fees for all visits as mentioned in the program
- Meals (as specified in the itinerary) in the best local restaurants, or picnics where no suitable restaurant is available.
- VAT and other taxes
- Dinners, except as specified above.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
- Surcharge for peak season (if any) & Other not mentioned in the above detail program.
What to bring ?